The guy of your dreams finally asked you to marry him, and you’re now about to add to the 31.44 million married couples in America. You can’t stop thinking of the perfect dress for your wedding as the special day approaches. You want it to be unique, stylish and the centre of attention for your audience, but you need to know how.
Well, first, you have to remember that the best wedding look doesn’t come from the gown only. It comes from the perfect bridal ensemble, such as jewellery, clothing and linens you collect for the wedding. The good news is, finding the perfect bridal ensemble for your wedding isn’t that complicated. Here are seven tips on how to build the ideal bridal ensemble to get you started:
- Embellish your veil
If you’re planning to use the traditional wedding routine, then you’ll need a veil. However, not every veil matches all bridal ensembles. Some will look better with one set and not with the other. A beaded veil is a good example that can go with almost any bridal design. You can purchase a beaded one or buy a plain one and add crystals, rhinestones, and pearls yourself.
The good thing is that you have many options, from the cascading cathedral to retro birdcage veils. However, you should remember to ask your bridal consultant the common veil questions to get one that suits your gown and to ensure you know how to wear it properly.
Another option is to make your own wedding veil. It’s an excellent way to get the perfect fit for less. You also get to decide on the length and decorations you want instead of purchasing a ready-made one and altering it later.
- Find the perfect gown
The first and most crucial step in building your wedding ensemble is finding the perfect dress that complements your figure and brings out your style. The hunt can be a little exhausting and frustrating, but it all goes away when you find that perfect fit.
It’s essential to keep an open mind throughout your search because you may not find the dress you’re looking for, but you might land an even better one. If you don’t know how to select the perfect wedding dress, here are a few pointers:
- Set a budget: Budgeting is essential for all events and ceremonies. You’d want to get the best gown, but you also want to spare enough cash for other accessories and alterations. Consider researching different wedding dress outlets to find one with dresses within your budget. You don’t want to set your eyes on one you can’t afford.
- Consider the wedding location: The venue will likely affect your dress choice. For instance, if you have a beach wedding, you can rule out ball gowns with dramatic embellishments. If it’s a church wedding, you’ll have to avoid short-slip dresses.
- Know your style: Be true to yourself. Choose something that brings out your style and flatters your body type. Don’t choose a dress simply because it looks stunning in a wedding magazine.
- Start early: Don’t start shopping for your bridal ensemble one or two months before the wedding. Instead, start as early as a year before to have ample time to build your look and make necessary alterations, if any.
- Make appointments: Remember, you’re not the only person searching for a bridal gown, so you can’t walk into a bridal store and expect to get the attention you need. Set an appointment to get the best out of each fitting because the bridal consultant will focus only on you.
When hunting for that perfect dress, don’t forget that each layer matters and will affect your style and comfort.
- Accessorise your look
Chances are you’ll only have a wedding once in your lifetime, so you’d want to look your best. Go wild and get that boho wedding look you’ve always adored. It won’t hurt to pile on jewellery and gems for a once-in-a-lifetime event. But don’t go over the rails. Instead, go for understated accessories like a sleek bangle and stud earrings.
- Complete the look with killer shoes
The shoe you choose for your wedding can significantly impact your overall look. Ensure you find footwear that complements your gown and other accessories. Quality is vital when buying your bridal shoe because you want to feel confident and fabulous as you walk down the aisle.
Like the bridal gowns, choose something you’re comfortable with. You don’t have to force yourself into heels if you don’t know how to walk in them. You can just wear some simple and stylish bridal flats. There are no written rules on the types of shoes to wear, so you can choose whichever makes you comfortable and brings out your unique personality.
- Create your own bouquet
You can start by choosing the perfect bouquet because it’s an essential bridal ensemble that adds to your style. You can buy one at an affordable price from a florist, but it’ll be even better if you make one yourself. You can try brooch bouquets because they’re easy to make, and you can customise them to match your aesthetics.
- Find a complementing outwear
Research shows that 35% of weddings occur in the fall and 29% in the summer. But if you’re in a hurry or the exploring type who wants to have one in the colder seasons, then you’d want to consider buying a complementing bridal outerwear. It could be a jacket, shawl, or coat. Whatever your choice, ensure it brings out a touch of your personality.
- Balance your ensembles
It’s your wedding day, and you’d want to be the prettiest person in that venue, but don’t overdo it. It’ll be better to balance all your ensembles to define your bridal style. Wearing too many accessories or colors may imbalance and de-emphasise your overall look, bringing out an entirely different vibe and style.
Building the perfect bridal ensemble for your wedding can be overwhelming, but it’s not that complicated. First, decide on the wedding location and theme to get a starting point on the type of dress you want, and the rest will fall in place. However, ensure all your ensembles are according to your aesthetics and design because details matter and will leave a mark on people’s memories.