The wedding plans are underway. The invitations are ready to mail. You have chosen your venue, the wedding gown of your dreams and found the perfect bridesmaid dresses. The mother of the bride dress is altered and is in the perfect accent color to complement your wedding decor.
Your Free Honeymoon Registry
Now is the time to set up your free honeymoon registry. This is a crowdfunding site that allows your guests to gift you in money, payments for activities, or to help with additional expenses in lieu of traditional wedding gifts. Honeyfund is the most popular honeymoon registry, as it is free and very easy to use for you and your guests. But before you can set up your Honeyfund, you have to decide where you want to honeymoon.
You are probably up to your elbows in brochures that feature rose petals on luxurious beds, and couples walking hand in hand into the sunset. While this makes for a great brochure, you need to be real honest with yourselves before you book your flights.
How Should You Plan Your Honeymoon
Your honeymoon is probably one of the most expensive vacations you will ever take. This is a major celebration of your lives together. Most honeymoons last about a week. That is 7 days and 7 nights. During those days and nights, how much of your time do you expect to spend brushing rose petals off the bed? Does the idea of a moonlight stroll every night sound like your idea of heaven, or do you also enjoy other activities?
In order to plan the best honeymoon, you have to make some choices. Here are a few examples of questions to ask yourself in order to determine where the best honeymoon for you should take place.
- Do you crave seeing exotic sites that you may not have the option to see otherwise?
- Do you dream of Venice, Paris, or the Swiss Alps?
- Do you want to see the black sand beaches of Hawaii or experience the beauty of South Africa?
- Are there places in the United States that you would love to visit?
- Does the rolling hills of Sonoma CA sound inviting?
- Do you like the idea of the lights and action of Vegas?
- Have you thought of San Francisco The Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (our suggestion would be to hop on a private jet flight – visit Las Vegas in style), Niagara Falls, or the mountains in Colorado?
- Are you a fun in the sun couple or does watching the sunset over the Rocky Mountains sound more fun?
- Do you enjoy trying new foods, new activities?
- Would you rather order room service and send your luggage via transfer company to go careless in your honeymoon suite or go scuba diving, parasailing, hot air ballooning, horseback riding, or biking in the hills of France?
Once you have honestly answered these questions, you can choose the best honeymoon destination for you. There is no right or wrong destination. It all depends on what you hope to experience in this exciting first week as husband and wife.
Setting Up Your Registry
Once you have made a choice, put together an itinerary. Then you can determine how much money you will need to make your dream come true. When you set up your Honeyfund registry, consider a “first choice” and a “second choice”. Use the built-in tools to share your site. Don’t forget to share what you are contributing. People are more generous when they see that you are working toward your own goal and not expecting others to fund the entire honeymoon.
Congratulations! You are on your way to a perfect honeymoon adventure.