Being invited to a wedding can be a happy feeling. It means you’re going to a party and you have to be in your best attire. However, knowing what to wear to a wedding can be a tricky job. Sometimes, you need to consider the occasion’s dress code to narrow down your options and wedding guests, for instance, tend to buy new outfits for the event because it’s one of the easiest ways to prepare for the event. On the other hand, buying a new attire can be costly.
If you don’t have enough budget, continue reading this article to learn about the alternative options for buying an outfit for a wedding.
- Rent An Outfit From Dress Hire Services
In today’s modern world, renting outfits is a new trend among several customers for a variety of events, such as a prom, grand balls, wedding parties, and other formal occasions. If you don’t have money to buy new wedding dresses as a guest, opting for dress hire services can be a great idea.
With a variety of options to choose from, renting an attire as an alternative to buying new ones offers so many benefits, including:
- Convenience – Given the increasing number of online clothing rental sites, it’s much easier for people to shop, rent, and have them delivered right to their doorsteps. Using dress hire services allows you to save some time because you don’t need to visit one store to another.
- Price – Renting outfits is a price-wise alternative for buying new wedding guest dresses. You can wear high-quality clothes for a small portion of the original price. If you want to attend a wedding with a specific look, getting a dress hire service will be more practical.
If you’re looking for a cheaper outfit to wear on the wedding day, there are great options for wedding guest dress hire services in Australia and other cities you can rely on.
- Borrow Outfits From Family And Friends
In addition to renting dresses, another alternative option for buying a new wedding outfit is to borrow from family and friends. If you don’t have dresses on your own, try to ask some of your friends if they can lend you their clothes. It’s inevitable at times that you’ll to borrow clothes from other people, especially if it feels better to wear something that’s from someone else’s closet. Besides, it’s one of the practical ways of looking for something to wear on the wedding day. Moreover, by asking from family and friends, you can keep yourself from purchasing new wedding guest outfits, which is an expensive undertaking.
However, there are rules to follow when you have to borrow clothes from someone. Here’s a list of some rules to keep in mind:
- Ask before you take an outfit from someone’s closet. Make sure they’ll say yes.
- Be extra careful when wearing the clothing you’ve borrowed.
- Ask if you can wash the item of clothing you borrowed.
- Be wary of the kind of item you’d like to borrow, especially if it’s a little pricey.
- Customize Your Wedding Outfit
Having no outfit to wear shouldn’t be a reason why you can’t attend a wedding. Even if there are steps that can be taken to minimize the impact of your absence at the event, the attire you’re going to wear shouldn’t be one of the reasons why you need to end up taking those steps.
Remember, you don’t need to buy a new wedding guest dress. With a little research and creativity, you can come up with a customized wedding outfit. Besides, you may probably have some items of clothing in your closet that can work for wedding occasions. These can be a combination of costumes, accessories, and many more. Below are some dress ideas you may want to consider when customizing a wedding guest attire:
- Have a sundress or dressy pants partnered with flat sandals for a wedding.
- Choose a little black dress and low heels to make your outfit more appropriate.
- Wear a short style cocktail dress with heels or sandals for a semi-formal daytime wedding event.
- Wear a fun jumpsuit or a blouse partnered with an embellished skirt.
- If you’re attending a dressiest type of wedding ceremony, go for a knee-length dress with beautiful heels and jewelry. Accessorize your outfit with a statement necklace, handbag, and earrings.
- Choose suiting as an alternative to wedding guest dresses. Just add a beautiful blouse and accessories to make it more stylish.
- Try midi skirts as a classy wedding guest attire option. Finish it with accessories.
- Showcase your beautiful floral skirt as your wedding outfit. Partner it with a silk camisole and jewelry.
With the alternative options mentioned above, it’s now time to reduce the time and effort you spend concentrating on buying an outfit for a wedding. Besides, attending such an event doesn’t necessarily mean you need to purchase a new item of clothing. Sometimes, you just need to be creative and practical for you to figure out the right outfit to wear to a wedding without spending tons of money.