Having a small budget for your wedding does not mean it needs to be any less special. There are creative ideas you can use to keep the cost down for your dream day.
Catering And Drinks
Food and drinks and be some of the most expensive items for your wedding, and they are also where some of the biggest savings can be made. There is no rule that says you must have a three course sit down meal, most of your guests would enjoy a picnic or barbeque just as much. If you and your family can prepare it yourselves you will save even more. Unfortunately, not all venues will let you do this as it can be where they make the most money.
Do not provide free drinks all night, no one expects that anymore. Have a bar where they have to buy their own drinks and avoid a huge bill at the end of the reception.
If one of your guests is good at making and decorating cakes, ask them to make yours instead of giving you a present. The same goes for everything else to do with catering and drink. People will gladly bring something with them and many are proud to show off their culinary skills.
Wedding dresses can cost a lot of money and there are a couple of ways you can cut down the cost. Look out for sales, even it is 12 months before the big day. Bridal shops will be getting rid of lasts years stock before the latest fashions arrive, and you can pick up some real bargains when this happens. All you have to do then is make sure you do not put on or lose too much weight, so the dress is still the perfect fit it was when you bought it.
An alternative is to buy a used dress. Most of these will have only been worn once and a visit to a specialist dry cleaner will make sure it looks as good as new.
The same applies to bridesmaid’s dresses, which will cost you a fortune if you are not careful.
Other Money Saving Ideas
There are lots of other ways you could keep the cost of your wedding down, such as:
- Make your own invitations
- Buy silicone rings womens and mens
- Skip buying presents for bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Invite fewer guests, every one costs you more money
- Do not hire cars, you can put ribbons on friends and relatives vehicles just as easily
- If you are a relative has a garden large enough hold your wedding there and save the venue hire expense
- Save the cost of flowers by having a bouquet of wild ones that you can pick from your garden or local fields. Using plenty of foliage is the secret here, and you may be surprised by just how good they can look.
Everyone wants there wedding day to be perfect, but there are so many other more important things that money may need to be spent on, such as the deposit on a home. But do not let watching the budget spoil your day, it really will be just as special.